We are passionate about data. We collaborate to build elegant, effective, scalable and highly reliable solutions to empower predictive modelling in finance.
Cubist’s Data Services group is looking for a Data Analyst to join our dedicated team. Our group is responsible for the timely delivery of comprehensive and error-free data to some of the most demanding and successful systematic Portfolio Managers in the world.
This exceptional individual will be a member of a small team of Data Scientists/Analysts who play a vital role in ensuring the smooth day-to-day implementation of a large research infrastructure, and the live production trading of billions of dollars of capital across global capital markets, including equities, futures, options and other financial instruments.
- Identifying potential data sources
- Coordinating with compliance team and legal team on new vendor trial/subscription process
- Assisting with collecting and maintaining vendor overviews and content offerings
- Assisting with data questions and requests from investment teams
- Setting up feed downloads and monitor check-in database
- Monitoring the automated data collection and cleansing infrastructure
- Assisting with scheduling meetings and conference calls between data users and experts
- Assisting Data team with interoffice travel arrangements, expenses, etc.
- Assisting in organizing presentations
- Managing data trial repository permissions
- Downloading trial datasets from vendor FTP sites or other delivery mechanism
- Assisting Data Team with manual data processing as required
- Maintaining Cubist Data Wiki contents
- Bachelor degree required
- Basic understanding of SQL.
- Programming skills in Python and at least one of C#, C++, or Java are a plus
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Financial industry experience is preferred but not required
- Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and a love of process
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in assessing and determining how to handle queries, calls and issues
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments