Coordinator, Research Oncology Operations
Our Research Organization is looking for an outstanding team member to provide administrative and process management support. This role will primarily support the Research Oncology (RO) team, which is comprised of medical oncologists and oncology nurse practitioners, who provide clinical and research leadership across Flatiron’s Research Organization, ensuring quality and translating real-world data into insights that benefit cancer patients. In addition, the Coordinator will support other critical processes across the Research Organization, under the management of the Director of Strategic Projects.
Successful candidates will be detail-oriented, skilled in process management, and excited to support the generation of new knowledge that will accelerate research in oncology and meaningfully improve cancer treatments. The Coordinator’s responsibilities will include tasks such as management of tools to track team activities and capacity, coordinating with other internal teams on logistics for meetings/events, helping to manage RO staff’s calendars and travel so that their time is most efficiently used, and working with the rest of the RO Operations team to continuously refine our tools and processes.
Critical to the success of this role will be organization, communication skills, and resourcefulness required to support a dynamic Research team contributing to an ever-growing number of projects and initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Help effectively scale the Research Oncology team by assisting with recruiting efforts, maintaining and refining tools and processes, and supporting administrative needs of team members
- Manage scheduling needs of research oncologists, proactively resolving calendar conflicts and working in conjunction with the RO Operations team on prioritization to optimize time spent in meetings
- Schedule a wide variety of internal and external meetings, including related stakeholder management
- Support travel needs of busy team, booking routine and special travel, building/updating itineraries, and processing expenses
- Own the logistics of on-site visitors, such as visiting professors, day-long meetings with external experts, etc.
- Play point on urgent office or business operations-related requests for the RO team, such as critical information technology issues
- Planning of special events, which may be team-specific, or in collaboration with larger Flatiron-wide event or conference planning
- Support the Research Organization with process maintenance and activity/assignment tracking and administrative organization (e.g., tracking outstanding requests, updating documentation, etc.)
- Assist the Director of Strategic Projects, as needed, in support of the entire Research Organization’s growth, such as development of new processes, and support of senior members of the Research Organization
- Highly organized, with experience creating and maintaining process documentation
- Extremely detail-oriented, while maintaining big-picture perspective
- Strength in internal communication--both written and verbal
- Excited about working in a fast-paced environment that requires constant adaptability and flexibility, and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves
- Intellectually curious, with outstanding problem-solving skills
- Passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
- Experience supporting senior team members
- Demonstrated desire to build a mission-driven career