Business Operations Associate (Strategy and Operations)
We’re looking for a Business Operations Associate to identify and pull the levers to move our business forward as part of our growing Strategy & Operations team. You’ll identify and solve complex problems through both quantitative and qualitative analyses—and then execute on the solutions to make a meaningful impact on Namely’s business. To do it, you’ll use leadership and interpersonal skills to build strong relationships, inspire change, and collaborate cross-functionally to see it through. You'll work closely with others but operate autonomously, using your analytical thinking and problem solving skills to focus your efforts.
The ideal candidate is genuinely passionate about technology, startups, and Namely. We’re looking for a great problem solver who thinks strategically, is comfortable with data and ambiguity, and is willing to dive into the details to execute.
- Identify and prioritize the high potential opportunities for Namely to grow revenue or increase efficiency
- Own, define, and optimize the business strategy and performance metrics for our functions at Namely
- Develop business plans and project plans for cross-functional initiatives such as new product and service offerings, strategic partnerships, and improvements to internal operations
- Drive execution on key initiatives, show results, and transition long-term ownership to the right place in the organization as appropriate
- Bring clear thinking and excellent problem solving skills to a range of other business challenges that may arise
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university with consistent outstanding academic record; 2-4 years of professional experience
- Experience in a fast-paced environment working in management consulting, investment banking, or in a highly strategic, analytical and operational role at a technology startup
- Proven record of high performance and substantial achievements in your past positions
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills with strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Ability to work effectively with and communicate complex ideas to people at all levels in an organization
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment
- Initiative taker, eager to break new ground, and create opportunities for others
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.