Business Intelligence Manager
The spark of a meaningful interaction makes people braver. It encourages participation, action, and the willingness to try & the stuff of progress. Through Meetup, people come together, they create new possibilities for each other. It begins simply, with a handshake and a hello, but its effects can be profound: Millions of lives changed.
At Meetup, we've made it our mission to empower personal growth through real human connections because we see a future built on deep trust and collective effort. We are creating a world where people can turn to each other to improve their lives.
Business Intelligence (BI) is a recently formed team within Meetup's Data unit alongside the Data Science, Data Platform and Machine Learning sister teams. All four teams work closely together to identify and execute on the most impactful product and business opportunities using Meetup's extensive data assets. The BI team specifically enables better decisions through data by extracting knowledge from our mountains of data, presenting it in an intuitive and performant way, and proactively leveling-up the data-skills of the Meetup organization. If you nerd out on data and wants to drive critical projects with our internal teams and business to deliver data-informed insights that impact how the world uses Meetup, we want to hear from you!
- Driven to connect data to business problems and clearly communicate the benefits, risks, and trade-offs
- Believe that data integrity is paramount and obsess about figuring things out
- Self-motivated, eager to create something new, and always looking to improve upon existing processes, tools and methodologies
- Love working with both people and numbers to help teams answer complex questions
- Passionate about building community all over the world
Role and responsibilities:
- Own and operate BI tooling for Meetup
- Maintain a clear and authoritative source for analytics, structured for self-service
- Build out company-wide data training and continue to evolve the program’s standards and best practices
- Evangelize and codify best practices for Meetup analytics
- Be the database and analytics expert for the community of business users
- Cultivate and combine datasets from various sources to solve problems critical to Meetup's future strategy and growth
- Define and present vision for what Business Intelligence will mean for the company
- Collaborate with strategy, product, and data teams to map business needs to existing metrics or possible solutions, and then surface this information in our reporting platform
- Rapidly prototype and validate new metrics and models to generate new impactful insights about our members so we can better serve them and their communities
- Craft clear and comprehensible data visualizations that enable teams to easily understand and act upon the output of an analysis
- 5+ years working with data analytics, data warehousing practices, ETL pipelines, data visualization, and experimentation
- 2+ years managing and maintaining Business Intelligence tooling
- Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field
- Partnering directly with clients (either internal or external) and leading projects with multiple work streams
- Advanced SQL and proficiency with one or more scripting languages: Python, Scala or R preferred
- Bonus points: Building and analyzing web and mobile applications, and business intelligence tools
Meetup employees are bold, supportive, and passionate about enabling people to come together and create the future of real community, a future where people embrace their differences and similarities, show up, do things, and turn to each other to improve their lives. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams in a safe and inclusive environment.
Please include a cover letter with your application telling us why you are the perfect fit for this role, and Meetup in particular!