GOLFTV is looking for a Business Analyst to join the rapidly growing digital team.
GOLFTV is a new international destination for golf fans created by Discovery, a worldwide leader in real-life entertainment and international sports, in partnership with the PGA TOUR. The platform will include a dedicated video streaming service, ensuring you can watch many of golf’s most exciting tournaments, players and moments, anytime, anywhere on every screen and device.
The PGA TOUR’s 12-year partnership with Discovery will seek to create a worldwide home for all things golf, with new content and features added on a regular basis to build GOLFTV into the ultimate golf experience.
1. Using reporting tools such as Adobe Analytics, Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc to extract key performance metrics.
2. Understanding key business metrics, how they’re defined, their importance, and explaining to other stakeholders within the group.
3. Analyzing data to derive insights in response to inquiries from various stakeholders.
4. Structuring &creating presentations / storylines / visualizations to explain and deliver insights.
5. Conducting research, gathering input from relevant teams and developing knowing on relevant business areas: sourcing market data, industry / competitor research, research on potential product partnerships.
6. Support for corporate development projects relating to the product, including integration of major strategic acquisitions.
* Strategic mindset with strong analytical skills, logical reasoning and intellectual curiosity
* Strong Excel skills a must
* Experience / knowledge of web analytics platforms (E.G. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics) a plus
* Experience / knowledge of analytical programming languages (E.G. SQL, Python) a plus
* Capability in sourcing data and conducting research, and verifying and interrogating data
* Excellent presentation & communication skills, including abilities to:
* Explain analytical results
* Explain issues / roadblocks in a succinct and actionable way
* Proactively ask for clarification on tasks if instructions are not clear
* Understanding of digital OTT streaming products and subscription-based products a plus
* Consumer mindset and passion for digital media and sport (or golf) preferred
* Willingness to learn about new technologies, business concepts, and the larger pictures in terms of business strategy and operations
* Fast learner with an ability to work independently on projects
* Team player and confident to liaise with much more senior colleagues
* Authorized to work in the United States