Business Analyst, Customer Experience
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Meetup’s Customer Experience team is a diverse, creative group that knows every nook and cranny of Meetup, and they use that knowledge to coach and support Meetup members around the world. To keep the Meetup ecosystem humming, the team trades more than 18,000 emails with members each month: they answer questions, offer advice, hunt down defects, and reinforce Meetup’s Community Guidelines. They welcome new Meetup groups to the platform, assess trust and safety reports, and act as the voice of the Meetup customer within the company. Customer Experience is a large, passionate, and ambitious team. They need an experienced Business Analyst to support department reporting, analysis, and tools to increase team efficiency and continuously improve the customer experience. This role will report to our Director of Customer Experience.
What you’ll get to do in this role:
- Reporting (40%) with an emphasis on KPIs, volumes, and productivity metrics
- Own, simplify, and automate department reporting and enable team self-service access
- Develop and refine Customer Experience team scorecards, dashboards, KPIs, operational metrics, self-service channel metrics, vendor performance reports
- Ensure data and reporting are accurate, reliable, explainable, and purposeful
- Analysis (40%) including resource optimization, forecasting, and ad-hoc projects
- Analyze historical data for long-range capacity planning/staffing models, volume projections, forecasts and scheduling with an aim to help improve team efficiency
- Translate data into useful information, provide clear, actionable recommendations based upon data analysis to help us validate assumptions, test hypotheses
- Proactively identify opportunities for automation, improve user experience, and operating efficiency through data analytics
- Analyze policy, process, and team performance bottlenecks and recommend optimizations as we continually improve the performance of our team to better serve customers
- Synthesize analysis and recommendations into cohesive presentations that tell a concise, actionable story to key stakeholders
- Help identify and pull relevant data to guide projects forward
- Tools Optimization (20%) especially focused on Zendesk configuration
- Work with leadership to optimize the setup and ongoing maintenance of Zendesk to achieve the goals and priorities of the Customer Experience team.
- Support integrations of existing and future tools with Zendesk, ensure customer and associate interaction data are optimally recorded for reporting and analysis
What makes you perfect for this role:
- 3+ years of experience working in analytical roles in customer contact center operations, business intelligence, or data analytics with 2+ years experience in workforce management
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative or business-oriented field
- Proficiency with Zendesk, SQL, Looker, LookerML, Google Apps, and Atlassian suite
- Experience in Workforce Management, preferably in contact centers with 30+ employees
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to analyze and interpret complex data and identify trends to optimize resource allocation, identify efficiencies, and inform future operational strategies
- Experience effectively communicating and explaining technical subject-matter to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and ability to influence and motivate team members of all levels
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives with autonomy
- Strong strategic, quantitative, written and interpersonal skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset, excited about driving change, and a make-it-work attitude
- A passion for Meetup and its mission
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together IRL to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?