Application Engineer, Video Analytics
Vimeo Analytics platform enables video creators to get detailed insights into their video usage by providing granular level statistics of its viewers on how, where and what content or part of video has maximum reach - helping video creators to produce even more engaging content.
As a fullstack developer, you'll use your background to provide video analytics backend API to various Vimeo teams and platforms. You’ll work alongside our API and application engineering teams in the implementation, maintenance, and evolution of newer data-rich stats products for Vimeo users.
You’ll be part of a cross functional team solving video analytics challenges using skills sets such as Data Engineering, backend and front-end solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Drive technical and architectural planning
- Work with the product managers to come up with requirements for new stats features.
- Define accurate and performant database schemas, and build the sql queries and caching strategy to interface with the Realtime Video Analytics backend.
- Help build trust between the various teams and stakeholders and constantly look for business impact.
- Continually maintain and improve the analytics infrastructure, through configuration optimizations, monitoring dashboards, health checks, alerting, and remediation automation.
- Propose ideas and test new solutions to improve the quality and performance of the system.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Expertise in PHP and at least one other backend programming language (Go, Java, NodeJs etc), ability to pick up new programming languages as needed
- Experience with large datasets and caching mechanism
- Proficient in data modeling techniques and SQL programming
- Some experience with serialization and building RPC Services (Avro, Thrift, Msgpack, Protocol Buffers)
- Familiarity with concurrent programming techniques and multithreaded architectures,
- Familiarity with the Linux environment and shell scripting
- Solid CS background: algorithms and data structures, application of complexity theory, ability to formulate trade offs based on the problem you’re trying to solve
- MS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed) :
- Experience with Kafka, Spark, Spanner, BigTable
- Experienced in real time analytics *Huge Plus!
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.