At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As the Analytics Manager, you will lead the adoption of business intelligence tools across teams, foster a culture of insightful analysis and crisp reporting, and become a trusted business partner within the organization.
You know and love working with data and analytics tools, write excellent SQL, and can use your technical skills, business acumen, and creativity to solve unique business problems. Reporting to the VP of Finance, you’ll work closely with business, data science, engineering, and product teams to develop a deep understanding of TpT’s business and drive strategy and action through high quality, timely analysis.
- Use data to tell a story. Surface insights and influence peers with data, actionable research and compelling narrative content; present and clearly communicate complex data and analyses to cross-functional groups.
- Help define KPIs and ensure metrics used to track the business and measure results are consistent and the most relevant to inform decision-making across the organization.
- Translate business issues into testable hypotheses answerable with data; partner closely with marketing, product, engineering, and customer experience teams from business case development to ROI measurement.
- Build dynamic and rich dashboards and reporting solutions to support company initiatives and strategic planning using features, customizations, and visualizations.
- Educate other teams at TpT on analysis best practices and how to self-serve data needs
- Explore and recommend emerging technologies and techniques to support/enhance Business Analytics at TpT.
- 5+ years of experience with data analytics, including SQL.
- 3+ years of experience with business intelligence and visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Chartio), preferably in an e-commerce environment
- 2+ years of management experience, and leading and engaging high performing teams
- Comfortable with large, complex relational databases (both transactional and analytical)
- Ability to analyze data to identify key insights, potential gaps, and inconsistencies.
- Experience analyzing data from A/B tests to understand the impact of product changes on users and subgroups of users.
- Experience analyzing data from websites, email systems, and other modern digital tools. Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, etc.)
- Advanced user of G Suite and Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights.
- Experience with aspects of our BI technology stack: BigQuery, Looker, Google Analytics, Optimizely.
- Experience partnering with data engineers and data scientists to get the best value from business data.
- Experience managing people and developing talent.
- Statistical skills such as confidence intervals, forecasting, and insightful data visualization.