Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As an Analytics Engineer at TpT you will be working with other members of the Data Engineering team, the Analytics team, and business teams including Product, Marketing, and Finance to ensure that everyone at TpT has access to clean, reliable, understandable, curated data. You’ll help to build and improve our Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence systems, using your ability to think systematically, abstractly, and empathetically.
Qualities for a successful candidate
- Intermediate to Advanced SQL skills, including windowing functions, nested queries, regular expressions, and a solid understanding of how relational databases work.
- At least one year of industry experience working with business data.
- Experience with creating reports and data visualizations in a Business Intelligence tool (e.g., Looker, Tableau).
- Some programming experience in any language.
- Comfortable working in a product and business-driven, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peers across business and engineering teams.
- Outstanding communications skills, including the ability to speak clearly to technical and nontechnical audiences and to write clearly.
Extra Credit for
- Experience with data warehouse development, including dimensional modeling.
- Experience with Ed-Tech or online marketplaces.
- Experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experience with the primary tools we use: BigQuery, dbt, Looker (LookML).
- Experience with the tools and processes of software development, including git/GitHub, the command line, and text editors.
- Relevant education, such as a degree or substantial coursework in an IT field such as Computer Science, or Library and Information Science.