Greater NYC Area
Primary is a vertically integrated ecommerce brand that is changing how parents shop for kids clothes. We have our sights set on transforming the $30B kids clothing industry in the U.S. We are venture-backed, and building a team of superstars with significant experience across ecommerce, apparel, and technology. We launched mid-2015 to overwhelming press and customer response (82 NPS score), and are on our way to building a break-through brand that can be part of millions of people’s lives. Our founders (both women!) were previously senior executives at Quidsi, the ecommerce company behind Diapers.com, which was acquired by Amazon for $545M.
We are looking for a data hacker/scientist/engineer who wants to help build an early stage ecommerce brand, with an emphasis on enabling the company to analyze and gain insights from our data, work with other teams across the company, and helping develop new dashboards and reports to push the business forward.
We're organized into customer focused squads that work together with partner teams across the company to define and implement projects that roll up to company goals. Data analysis is used in the metric and KPI planning stages, throughout the development cycle by analyzing A/B testing, and in post analysis and ongoing observation.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Supporting a customer focused team/squad such as new customers or acquisition
- Working with other engineers to help build and maintain our analytics infrastructure from raw data through to automated reporting and internal tools
- Proactively identifying areas of opportunity in our product and the business
- Enabling your group, including partner teams across the company, to access and leverage our data for planning and quantitative analysis
- Help to make data driven decisions and assist teams with relevant data
- Setup experiments and perform statistical analysis on the outcomes
- A great communicator that loves working with a variety of teams
- Product and customer-focused, bringing actionable data that helps us improve the customer experience in a high-impact way
- Someone that understands the importance of documentation
- Extremely comfortable processing and exploring data using SQL
- Experience with Looker / LookML or a similar tool to model data and surface it to stakeholders
- Enthusiastic about visibility, reporting, and making data driven decisions
- A leader that can bring previous experience in data analysis to the table
- Someone with analysis experience in python or R; past experience with notebooks like Jupyter is a bonus
- Someone with experience optimizing SQL
- Someone with past analytics experience in ecommerce operations, onsite event tracking / modeling, marketing performance, customer service, or subscription models is a bonus
If you fit this description and are interested in joining our powerhouse team, we would love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description