Analyst, Digital Analytics
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
You are a mobile and web analytics rockstar eager to join our growing Data Analytics Team, which is responsible for driving actionable insight across the organization. You enjoy intuitive data structures and believe that data should not be intimidating. You are an ambassador for self-service reporting tools and will support company growth by taking ownership of the data collection and tag management tools that facilitate insights representing customer activity across our platforms. You love the promise of big data and will support company growth by taking ownership of data assets and collection methodologies to allow the organization to distill opportunities and themes from that data, and to design programs to test theories and new product concepts. You’re a curious, highly motivated, quantitative-minded thinker who enjoys learning, educating an organization about its customers & their behavior, and deriving actionable insights in an organization at the crossroads of mobile, local, social, and eCommerce.
You’ll work on key projects alongside our product managers, designers, marketing analysts, and our senior leadership team.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Create and manage implementation of analytics tracking requirements to measure feature and/or overall product performance.
- Work closely with Product, Finance, and Marketing teams to identify new areas of concentration and feature enhancements for tracking and analysis. Design methodologies for tag documentation, testing protocols, ensuring data consistency, and data retention architecture.
- Work closely with Development teams to translate requirements for technical leads, and to drive technical workflows for both implementation and testing.
- Ensure consistency of data collection between data collection methodologies, and foster a data retention architecture in conjunction with data engineers.
- Collaborate with product managers, marketers, and analysts to integrate analytics into strategic-minded dashboards, program-based reports, and ad-hoc analyses.
- Identify and analyze trends and shifts in customer behavior, both independently and in collaboration with product managers, marketers, and data analytics resources across both browser and native mobile apps.
- Support creation of reporting materials for the Board of Directors and senior leadership.
You Should Have
- 4+ years of relevant site analytics experience (eCommerce preferred).
- A deep understanding and experience with front-end tag creation, log collection, data retention architecture, and data analysis.
- Strong familiarity with Google Analytics, Coremetrics, Adobe and/or another site analytics reporting tool from a site tagging and data collection perspective.
- Proficiency in ad pixeling strategies and reporting on marketing campaign performance
- A willingness to collaborate and cultivate relationships with third-party marketing vendors
- Experience architecting data collection solutions even more so than creating reports.
- Comfort with A/B Testing methodologies, crafting targeted custom variables, segmentation, and reports.
- A love for challenges and problem solving to be addressed via strategic thinking.
- A highly analytical mind with a demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- The ability to work with little supervision while managing multiple priorities; quickly adapt in a rapidly changing environment. A strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Comfort drawing insights from analysis and building support for your perspective, having a keen eye to simplify complex, large data sets into easily digestible visualizations.
- The ability to be a quick learner who thrives under ambiguity.
- A great team player with a strong value system, unquestioned integrity and solid listening skills.
- Inspired by our mission to deliver food happiness.
Got These? Even Better:
- Fluent in Attribution Analysis to examine Organic/Paid Search and Display Ad characteristics as they relate to marketing campaigns.
- Well-versed in building site analytics dashboards and reporting collateral for various constituents within the organization.
- Comfortable working with raw event log data to gain granular insights to user behavior dynamics.
- Familiarity with Tableau to provide insight into complex data sets.
- An Excel aficionado; proficient in the creation of PowerPoint presentations and public speaking.
- Comfortable manipulating large data sets and presenting complex information in an easy to understand manner.
- Database experience dealing with very large data sets, and good comfort writing complex SQL is a plus.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.