About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are looking for a web analytics rockstar to join our growing Data Analytics Team and be inspired by our mission to deliver food happiness. From measurement plans and tagging requirements, to data quality management and data analysis, our team is responsible for delivering digital analytics strategies that drive actionable insights across the organization.
You love challenges and problem solving; you’re a curious, highly motivated, quantitative-minded thinker who enjoys educating an organization about its customers & their behavior, and deriving actionable insights from data. You enjoy intuitive data structures and believe that data should not be intimidating. You are an ambassador for self-service reporting tools and will support company growth by taking ownership of the data collection and tag management tools that facilitate insights representing customer activity across our platforms.
You’ll work on key projects alongside our product managers, designers and our senior leadership team.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work closely with Product Managers to translate feature KPIs into web & mobile analytics metrics to be able to monitor feature performance and understand user behavior.
- Create and manage the implementation of analytics tracking requirements. You will work closely with Development teams and be actively involved in testing and debugging to ensure data quality.
- Design methodologies for tag documentation, testing protocols, ensuring data consistency, and data retention architecture.
- Ensure consistency of data collection between data collection methodologies, and foster a data retention architecture in conjunction with data engineers.
- Provide data-driven business intelligence through dashboards and ad-hoc reporting and analyses.
- Identify and analyze trends and shifts in customer behavior, both independently and in collaboration with product managers, marketers, and data analytics resources across web and native mobile apps.
- Support creation of reporting materials for the Board of Directors and senior leadership.
You Should Have
- 2-3 years of relevant site analytics experience.
- A solid understanding and experience with front-end tag creation, log collection and debugging, data architecture, and data analysis.
- Strong familiarity with Google Analytics, Coremetrics, Adobe and/or another site analytics reporting tool from a site tagging and data collection perspective.
- Experience architecting data collection solutions even more so than creating reports.
- Proficiency in crafting custom variables, segmentation, and custom reports.
- Familiarity with A/B testing and tag management systems.
- A highly analytical mind with a demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- The ability to work with little supervision while managing multiple priorities; quickly adapt in a rapidly changing environment. A strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Comfort drawing insights from analysis, having a keen eye to simplify complex, large data sets into easily digestible visualizations.
- A love for challenges and problem solving to be addressed via strategic thinking.
Got These? Even Better:
- Well-versed in building analytics dashboards.
- Familiarity with Tableau or Data Studio for data visualization.
- Proficiency in marketing campaign performance reporting and attribution analysis.
- Comfortable manipulating large data sets (such as raw event logs) and presenting complex information in an easy to understand manner.
- An Excel/Spreadsheet aficionado; proficient in the creation of presentations and public speaking.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.