Underwriting Assistant, Workers' Compensation
Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
As an Underwriting Assistant at Justworks, you are someone who has a deep intellectual curiosity. Your days will be spent assisting our team of Underwriters to gain a clear understanding of how, where, and what Justworks’ clients do. You will translate these insights into evaluating workers’ compensation insurance risks. As part of one of the fastest growing parts of Justworks you will witness your ideas turn into process and procedure improvements. You enjoy being in a fast-moving iterative environment with a strong culture.
What you'll do
- Review applications for acceptability according to underwriting guidelines and determine tasks to be completed before moving forward
- Ensure all required customer documentation is accurate and collected in a timely manner to insure proper coverage is initiated and maintained for Justworks customers
- Maintain effective working relationship with broker, program administrator, and carrier
- Resolve workers’ compensation related customer inquiries/issues
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, and create resolutions
- Communicate with company underwriters and internal teams to provide status, or other assistance as needed
Who you are
- 4-Year College Degree
- Demonstrate ability to learn on the fly and apply new information/concepts into practice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You like working with people and helping others solve problems
- You enjoy entrepreneurial environments and want to help build something meaningful
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.