Underwriter, Health Insurance
Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Health Insurance Underwriter you are someone from a health insurance carrier or broker that has experience with underwriting small group health insurance. As an underwriter, you will analyze and evaluate data, ensure compliance with published guidelines, and make pricing determinations to retain and grow a profitable book of business. In addition, you are someone that can quickly hit the ground running and enjoys being in a fast moving iterative environment with a strong culture.
What you'll do
- Apply sound, creative underwriting, and business judgment in the timely analysis and evaluation of group health applications
- Assist with the development and training of the underwriting staff, sales teams, and other departments in the principles and practices of health insurance underwriting and rating
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with Justworks' designated health insurance carrier(s)
- Evaluate carrier business rules to ensure compliance
- Audit underwriting files periodically for accuracy and appropriate documentation
- Participate in department projects and special assignments
Who you are
- 3-6 years experience with health insurance underwriting
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Experience with group actuarial pricing, rating, and underwriting methodologies
- Must be very detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills
- Experience working with PEOs a plus
- Experience with individual medical underwriting a plus
- You like working with people and helping others solve problems
- You enjoy entrepreneurial environments and want to help build something meaningful
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.