Technical Writer, Engineering
Technical Writer, Engineering
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions to take control of their online presence like never before. The Engineering organization is looking for experienced technical writers to take complex information and communicate it clearly, concisely, and accurately to internal audiences.
As a technical writer, you’ll work closely with engineers and be responsible for several complex documentation projects. Your projects will include reading sample code, writing sample code, and updating developer guides and operational runbooks. You’ll also advise your colleagues on documentation workflows and review their technical documents.
This position is in Squarespace’s Engineering organization and is based in our New York headquarters.
- Write internal documentation for technical audiences, including API reference documentation, developer guides, and onboarding content
- Work with engineers and perform individual research to learn new technical concepts and inform your content
- Embed with engineering teams to maintain existing documentation and communicate project updates to internal audiences
- Advise engineering teams on documentation workflows and technical writing best practices
- Review, edit, and clarify technical documents written by your colleagues
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Two years experience in technical writing or product/developer documentation, including writing technical customer-facing materials
- Ability to work through ambiguity and competing priorities
- Comfortable working and researching in a technical environment; experience with Git and frontend development is a plus
- Comfortable checking your ego at the door—open to feedback from multiple stakeholders to perfect a doc
- Interest in docs tooling and infrastructure is a plus
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people—from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses—to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 700 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.