Sr/Executive Editor - North America
WW is a global wellness company and the world's leading commercial weight management program. We inspire millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. Through our engaging digital experience and face-to-face Workshops, members follow our liveable and sustainable program that encompasses healthy eating, physical activity, and positive mindset. With more than 50 years of experience in building communities and our deep expertise in behavioral science, we aim to deliver wellness for all.
The Senior Editor will work closely with the Senior Director of Content Innovation on the whole array of WW content project. This role will focus on creating smart, well-crafted content that reaches both our members (for retention) and our prospects (for conversion). The Senior editor will work with the Product team on developing engaging content within the app, with the digital team on SEO driven content, and with the Science team to ensure that accuracy and program guidelines are met across all Weeklies, e-newsletters, and in-Studio content. In addition, the Senior Editor will help develop content for content partnerships and strategic partnerships to make certain that co-produced content reflects the WW brand. This role will rely on the Senior Editor's deep subject matter expertise in health reporting, fitness, nutrition and mindset.
- Write content for all platforms, adhering to WW brand and Science guidelines, including digital, app and marketing materials
- Pitch ideas for daily digital lineup
- Work with US marketing team on content development/ideation on content partnership channels
- Manage monthly App Card lineups and creates all text for App Cards
- Manage weekly e-Newsletter lineups and create all text for them
- Write all Weekly content and manage content lineups in concert with Program and Science
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications or English
- 7+ years relevant professional work experience as an editor and writer
- Strong ideator/brainstormer
- Cross-platform writing skills
- Familiarity with health and wellness trends
- Experience writing fitness/instructional content
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines at once
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall wellbeing, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.