Production Manager, Brand
Squarespace is equally defined by our products and the marketing campaigns that promote and explain them. From the Emmy award-winning John Malkovich work, to last year’s Super Bowl ad featuring Keanu Reeves, creating branded and beautifully designed communications is a top priority for the Squarespace Creative Team.
As we continue to build our in-house capabilities, we’re looking for a Production Manager to lead a cross-functional team of producers responsible for leading the execution of all featured content for our Brand. You have strong management experience and can oversee producers who work on a range of brand work: broadcast, print, radio, OOH, social, digital, photography, content, visual design, partnerships and events.
This is a newly-created role within the organization so you should identify as an entrepreneurial self-starter with the perseverance to establish new ways of working, influence stakeholders, and create value. A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. This role sits on the Creative Production team and reports to the Creative Production Director.
- Act as the daily point of contact for producers from launch to completion of projects
- Lead and assign producers to projects with the Creative Operations Manager
- Intake and approve project scopes, schedules, and budgets from producers
- Identify red flags and step in on productions when needed
- Review and negotiate bids for all productions
- Iterate and lead better internal processes for brand production at the company
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, mainly Marketing, as a key manager for brand projects on the Creative team
- Resolve conflicts or disagreements and know when to escalate issues to Creative Production Director
- 10+ years of experience producing campaigns, design and content at a brand, agency, content or design shop
- Proven track record among creatives and vendors as a best-of-class producer and manager
- Experience producing creative content with a high-quality, design aesthetic
- Experience managing schedules, outsourcing and negotiating pricing across all brand mediums
- Experience with legal and clearance rules across all brand mediums
- Proven experience leading a high-performing team
- Experience with organizational change management
- Ability to lead and motivate while aligning work with team and organizational goals
- Cool under pressure, with excellent presentation abilities and the ability to manage across levels
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.