Freelance Technology Copywriter
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. Our cloud-based, data-driven platform helps our customers reach their customers with targeted display, video, audio, native, and social ads across every device.
Our industry is complex — and bringing a human voice to it can be a challenge. Over the past six months, we’ve been laser focused on simplifying our language and humanizing our messaging. We’re looking for a part-time copywriter with experience in b2b tech to help us continue honing our voice across a broad range of collateral and campaigns for our global marketing teams.
This is an on-site position, three to five days a week, in our New York City office. You will report to our Senior Copywriter.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop copy and maintain voice across a wide range of deliverables, including print and digital ad campaigns, web pages, brochures, events, case studies, video, and more
- Write engaging marketing emails, including for product launch campaigns, events, newsletters, and recruitment teams
- Make complex concepts easily understandable for any audience through punchy headlines and friendly, approachable body copy
- Work with brand and creative development teams — as well as other stakeholders — to translate our brand proposition into a cohesive and impactful voice
- Collaborate with in-house creative team to rework existing brand copy and expand on content, voice, and tone guidelines
- Present and provide rationale for copy, concept and campaign strategy
- Participate in brand development creative strategy meetings and weekly creative reviews
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 5 to 7 years of experience writing copy for marketing and advertising collateral, specifically for technology and/or b2b brands — email marketing experience is a big plus
- Experience writing for a well-known brand, agency, or in-house marketing team
- A natural curiosity to learn about and understand new technologies and concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in English, advertising, journalism, communications, creative writing or a related field
- Ability to collaborate and take direction from campaign stakeholders
- Extremely well-organized, with excellent time management skills — able to work under tight deadlines when needed
- History of crafting copy that leads to customer acquisition and engagement — tailored to varying audience segments and stages of the marketing funnel
- Ability to work with colleagues in different countries and understand cultural differences
- Strong, relevant portfolio of writing samples
- Keeps up with current trends and insights
- Available on-site in NYC
- Flexible hours
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.