Food Data & Nutrition Specialist
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
The Food Database team is currently seeking a nutrition professional who can leverage his or her experience with reading and reviewing nutrition labels, knowledge of food types and ingredients in a food data environment. We seek a highly detail-oriented team member whose education and working knowledge of food and nutrition can enhance the quality of the nutrition data in our food database both through their own efforts and through review of others' work.
- Ensure food and nutrition data quality for grocery store products, restaurant foods, and USDA generics by reviewing and editing new and updated food details.
- Learn and apply Program rules for tagging, adjusting, and categorizing foods based on food-type and nutrient composition.
- Apply extreme attention to detail to ensure accuracy of data from our various 3rd party sources as well as food ingredient details developed by other members of the Food Database team.
- Assist in building the Food Database volume using a variety of sources with emphasis on improving the scan rate of our barcode scanner. Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in finding product information when not readily available.
- Create new "generic" foods as needed when requested by recipe development teams, or for the purpose of member tracking.
- Support other internal departments as needed who rely on food data for various projects.
- Work closely with the Food Team director/analyst to review the work of others, prioritize work and increase efficiency.
- Other responsibilities as designated by Manager
- BS or MS Degree in nutrition and/or food studies (DTR – Dietetic Technician, Registered; CDE – Certified Diabetes Educator; RD – Registered Dietician; -- or certified health coach a plus)
- 2-3 years of work experience.
- Must be familiar with local, regional and national food products and restaurant chains in the United States.
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Excel and data entry.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail.
- Familiarity with WW program, a plus.
- Agile, adaptable and a multi-tasker essential.
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall wellbeing, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks, and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.