Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives. We bring our passion, expertise, and taste to bear on the things that are truly worth your time and money. Life is for living, and that’s why we’re here. Today will be great.
Thrillist is looking for an outgoing, charismatic, curious, self-effacing, positive, and ambitious Editorial Producer to host and write for a variety of series and shows being developed under the Thrillist name within our rapidly-growing video team. This role requires the ability to connect and engage with our audience naturally by way of: active (and nonstop) brainstorming, finding inspiration in the huge database of existing Thrillist content, tapping into what is both culturally relevant *and* on-brand, writing strong and entertaining scripts without needing a ton of editing, and the ability to transform every word to on-camera gold as a unique and energetic host and voice for the brand at large. This role requires someone who is fast-paced, a multi-tasker, and who always aims to go above and beyond and do more than what is asked. The ability to understand Thrillist’s core mission and ethos and infuse it into every script, pilot, interview, episode, etc., as well as be able to coach others internally, is a must. The role will report to a Senior Producer, will liaise closely with senior producers and the development team, and will work across a number of verticals, shows, and platforms at any given time.
- Scriptwriting! Tone is paramount. You’ll be writing scripts for yourself and for other hosts as well as potentially being tasked with scripts for some of our massively popular text on screen franchises around food, drink, travel & entertainment.
- Hosting! You’ll be on-camera in front of a green-screen, out in the field anchoring shows (of your own creation and otherwise), at events (concerts, restaurant/bar openings, maybe in Mexico eating tacos and drinking mezcal...), etc. The too shy need not apply.
- Ideating! We’ll need you to come up with new shows & segments on a weekly basis that are right for our brand from scratch. We’ll also need you to work with us on the germs of our existing ideas and make them better, and be able to explain how to achieve that.
- Optimism & Ambition! When you walk in every day, you should live and breathe the brand. We’re a digital brand that is wholeheartedly obsessed with how people are able to best live life. Enthusiasm and excitement for the known and unknown and the curiosity to discover as many of those things as possible needs to drive your day to day.
- 2 years of on-camera work for a digital media brand (ideally in a space similar to ours)
- 2+ years of writing experience (ideally on topics similar to ours)
- 2 years of experience working for or around a video production team in a consistent capacity
- A strong understanding of and respect for deadlines, timelines, and scheduling
- Excellent communication skills
- A necessary comfort and respect when liaising daily with supervisors, freelancers, peers, and anyone on set, as you will be a face of the brand and will be expected to represent it as such.
- A knack for self-organization and responsiveness is mandatory. We have a lot of fun here and we’re lucky enough to make videos for a living, but we are a business and expect professionalism.
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.