Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Prepare for and lead organized yet adaptive meetings with faculty to gather information, build a partnership, and collaborate on the creation of customized online course delivery strategies
- Think creatively and identify opportunities to find innovative solutions to challenging educational needs -- then guide these ideas and strategies through to successful execution in partnership with 2U’s course development and technology teams.
- Synthesize and succinctly summarize copious amounts of information into clear documentation on short deadlines for faculty and course developer use.
- Collaborate confidently and competently with internal teams and the program leadership of our university partners, meeting any hurdles or resistance with a calm, nimble, and positive mindset
- Deliver engaging and persuasive presentations and dynamic course design workshops to faculty and school leadership.
- Effectively communicate and advocate for 2U best-practices, development processes,, and technologies.
- Work across multiple graduate degree programs and an exciting variety of subject matter such as business, education, social sciences, and medical science.
To excel in this role, you will have:
- At least 3 years of transferable professional experience
- A creative mind
- Some experience leading effective meetings, delivering engaging presentations, or leading workshops
- An ability to solve complex problems within rigid limitations
- An agile, robust, and persuasive verbal and written communication skill set
- An empathetic approach when putting people at ease with new processes
- Accolades from colleagues and clients acknowledging your clear communication, creative ideas and contagious enthusiasm
- Been recognized for seeing the big picture, but enjoy documenting the details of a process or concept
- Comfort with ambiguity
The position is located in our New York City office, reporting to 2U’s Director, Course Strategy. We have a close knit team culture in the office and are very flexible with work hour schedules and work from home requests. Some travel to our partner campuses is expected.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.