What We're Looking For
*Cover Letter is Required*
2U, Inc. is seeking a smart, creative and highly organized individual to develop coursework for 2U university partners. The Course Developer I will join a team of self-motivated problem-solvers and will be charged with collaborating with faculty and course strategists to design and plan courses. The CDI is also responsible for managing the flow of development for all course assignments, tracking and reporting on progress from planning through content development, video production, assembly, review, and launch across a large and growing body of digital academic course content. The challenges of the position are both creative and logistical, requiring on-your-feet thinking, a keen eye and ear for detail, and the ability to oversee a system of many moving parts with grace and confidence. This role works directly with university faculty, so a successful candidate will be equipped with superior written and verbal communication skills and will be very comfortable working in the academic environment. Candidates should have a track record that clearly demonstrates these capabilities.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Manage course development process independently from design and planning through course launch, delegating tasks effectively and executing on-time, complete deliverables
- Drive progress on multiple course development projects at varying states of completion simultaneously
- Articulate and reinforce course development processes and faculty responsibilities, as well as establish milestones to ensure faculty buy-in and success in meeting deadlines
- Develop and deliver high-quality digital academic course content based on the strategic educational goals outlined by the Course Strategy team and faculty members
- Engage in data-driven and research-based decision making to achieve excellent student outcomes
- Lead course planning sessions with faculty, ensuring their command of content delivery methods and tools
- Empower faculty members to become effective collaborators by actively engaging them in the course development process and use of proprietary technical software/applications
- Manage multiple streams of information from various sources
- Collaborate and communicate expertly with cross-functional teams throughout the development process
- Synthesize and document pertinent course details for teammates and leadership
- Identify and appropriately escalate course and client issues
- Manage intake and organization of digital assets throughout course development process
- Articulate passion for driving positive learner outcomes through innovation in digital education
- Demonstrate enthusiasm as a team player and the ability to thrive in a consistently-evolving technological and academic landscape
Things That Should Be in Your Background
- 2 years professional content production and/or project-management experience
- Technical proficiency and use of: Google Suite, Dropbox
- Familiarity with project-management software and high comfort level with adopting emerging technologies
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, exhibiting professionalism in both internal and external documentation
- Ability to maintain multiple client relationships and projects simultaneously
- Ability to parse multiple streams of information from various sources, synthesize pertinent details and relay relevant updates to teammates and leadership
- Ability to expand workload capacity during periods of high intensity
- Previous experience working in higher-education or other academic settings
- Previous experience in course development, instructional design, and/or teaching
- Successful client management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
Travel estimated to be 15%. Travel will be required to facilitate face-to-face work at 2U offices, partner universities, and studio locations in Arlington, VA and Los Angeles, CA.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Spontaneous dance parties
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.