Content Editor-Home Page
New York Daily News with Tribune Publishing seeks a Content Editor to join its audience team to help drive growth across all platforms. This editor will be a key component on critical jobs for the team, helping to run the Daily News homepage, social media accounts and other channels critical to audience development. The job will also involve working on strategic growth initiatives, and training others in the newsroom. As a member of the Daily News audience development team, you will learn growth strategies, tools and products at a historic print and digital brand, and across Tribune Publishing.
The ideal candidate will be creative, collaborative, detail-orientated and comfortable working in a fast-paced newsroom. You will also be reliable, working on a small team that covers vast shifts, digitally savvy, and flexible.
- Editing the Daily News homepage, determining which content will be placed on the page and how that content will be promoted.
- Posting stories, galleries and other content on social media platforms.
- Sending out newsletters and breaking news alerts.
- Assist in development audience development strategy, including social media, search and content performance.
- Weekend shifts will be required.
- At least 2 years of experience with news and digital publishing.
- Extensive headline-writing experience for all platforms.
- Experience programming a news site homepage and social media accounts.
- Social media savvy with demonstrated experience, especially with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others.
- Experience and interest with additional audience development strategies.
- Comfortable with analytics tools and social media metrics.
- Reporting and/or editing experience, and ability to display solid news judgement in both the local and national sphere.
- Knowledge of web tools, CMS systems and technical platforms. The ability to troubleshoot problems is a plus.
- Knowledge of a broad base of news topics, including New York news. Tabloid experience is a plus.