Clinical Content Specialist
Who we are
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations and leading commercial partners, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, accepting capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, developing new partnerships, and expanding the size of our team. This role is a vital contributor to our success.
In this role, you’ll be the driver of clinical content within Commons, our care management platform. You’ll develop a comprehensive understanding the Cityblock care model and will collaborate with a range of experts to identify the best methods to intake information about our members, tell their stories and plan for their care. You’ll become an expert at managing content within Commons. As that expert, you’ll work directly with the Product and Engineering teams to implement improvements. The ideal candidate is highly detail-oriented and is comfortable working within the intersection of product, the written word, and healthcare delivery.
- Be the driver of clinical content management in Commons. As such, you’re required to develop a comprehensive understanding of Cityblock’s care model and how that content is represented in Commons
- Support the development and design of Commons-based workflows leveraging clinical content for the field & hub-based teams
- Work closely with Engineering, Product and Data team to continue to iterate on how clinical content is managed within Commons, and develop efficiencies in data entry and QA
- Triage and contextualize frequent requests for clinical content updates and edits across multiple teams: operations, care delivery, quality, and data/evaluation
- Develop, own and drive a change management process for new content requests
- Perform data entry to translate clinical content into the backend system used by Commons
- Ensure we are accurately representing each member’s unique story in a way that is digestible for the care team
You’d be a good fit if you:
- You love creating and/or improving structured text
- You have an interest in clinical decision support / intervention
- Have experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Enjoy storytelling or have experience crafting compelling user journeys
- Understand systems thinking and are highly detail oriented
Nice to have:
- 1 - 3 years of experience working within the healthcare space or have clinical knowledge
- Some experience building a product or working with Product and Engineering teams
- Experience in a high growth technology company
“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- A short (2-3 paragraph) cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.