Brand Content Strategist
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
As Brand Content Strategist, you’ll be instrumental in ensuring that the stories and messages we create are powerful, accessible, and unified across all our channels. You’ll obsess over what matters most to our members and what moves people to action. You’ll be an expert on what it means to have a voice as a brand, bringing emotional intelligence to what we say and how we say it. And you’ll be part of a growing content strategy practice at Meetup, shaping how we engage with our community every day.
What you’ll get to do in this role:
- Partner with the brand and community team to create and deliver branded content that’s clear, compelling, and consistent
- Create messaging strategies for branded content and guide the team’s use of voice and tone
- Write and edit marketing copy for a broad range of media channels and content formats, including landing pages, ads, video scripts, email campaigns, and print collateral
- Collaborate with social media, curation, design, and other creative roles to coordinate and amplify storytelling efforts
- Research and audit brand communications to identify gaps as well as opportunities for improvement
- Work with product content strategists to bring coherence and consistency to writing efforts across brand and product teams
- Participate in critiques, work sessions, and user interviews to develop clear solutions for achieving a unified brand voice
- Evolve brand voice and tone guidelines and contribute to content governance efforts
- Help develop processes to improve the work and how it gets communicated
What makes you perfect for this role:
- You’re versatile and love the challenge of wearing a few hats
- You’re equal parts copywriter and content marketer
- You write the rules, you stick to the rules, but you know when to break them
- You’re a born storyteller and a big believer in measuring your performance
- You understand what it means to fight your perfectionism to get the job done
- 5+ years of experience with branded content development—encompassing strategic messaging, digital communications, and creative copywriting—ideally for influential, product-driven brands
- A strong writing portfolio that includes samples of multi-channel marketing content and demonstrates your ability to adopt a voice and craft a narrative; brand guidelines work is a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail and sense of judgment, with the ability to edit your own work effectively
- Ability to lead thinking, explain reasoning, and present findings and recommendations in a clear and articulate manner—both in writing and in person
- A collaborative work style that enables you to write evolving content to deadline
- Sensitivity to content issues relating to localization, accessibility, inclusion, and privacy, as well as the ability to quickly internalize related guidelines
- Humility, a sense of humor, and (occasionally) dogged persistence
If your experience fits some but not all of what’s listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?