Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives. We bring our passion, expertise, and taste to bear on the things that are truly worth your time and money. Life is for living, and that’s why we’re here. Today will be great.
Thrillist is seeking an Associate Producer -- Food & Drink to help ideate and produce original food and restaurant based videos destined for Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. The right candidate will live and breathe food, with an Instagram feed filled with the World’s most popular dishes, know all the city’s hottest restaurants and look to leverage that enthusiasm to create top-notch, social-first videos.
- Your number one goal: constantly redefine what food and restaurant video content can be on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and any emerging platforms
- Work as part of a production team tasked with the same goals
- Constantly drive towards finding production efficiencies to maximize the team's work
- Provide great ideas that resonate with our audience
- Have your finger on the pulse of food and restaurant trends before they’re trending
- Be comfortable working in the field
- Maintain the highest quality aesthetic for all productions
- Demonstrate the ability to find original food stories in unexpected places and turn them into highly shareable content on various video-first platforms
- Be relentless about quality and have the ability to meet all deadlines
- Leverage current events as opportunities to create concept recipes
- Participate in meetings and create a feedback loop with your Producer, Senior Producer, and Audience team
- Must have 1-3 years of relevant experience at a digital publisher
- Familiarity with video production process
- Be prepared to solve any and all problems, the right way
- Familiarity with food styling and working with food on camera
- Have a love for everything about food, from 2 a.m. grilled cheese to tasting menus, and from fast food that's actually great to a good old-fashioned spatchcocked chicken
- Hold a burning enthusiasm for the best, newest, and coolest places to eat, drink, and have fun
- Familiarity with foods from various cultures
- Branded experience
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere and Photoshop
- Experience writing and reporting
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.