CB Insights is seeking a detail-oriented and motivated associate editor to line edit, copy edit, and fact check our data-driven research, and contribute to the overall editorial direction of our research. You will join our rapidly-growing intelligence unit composed of writers, editors, and analysts.Key Responsibilities:
- Fact checking/copy editing, line-editing
- Training/supporting new hires on newsletter campaign management and recurring editorial tasks
- Editorial 1-1s and trainings with new analyst hires as needed
- Assist in production of editorial resources for team, including style guides, process checklists, etc.
- Communication with analysts on status of work/assignments, deadline/production tracking
- Updating of high-performing content
- 3+ years relevant marketing, editing, and/or newsletter/blog experience
- Solid grasp of numbers and data and a zeal for accuracy
- Familiarity with HTML and with email service providers including Mailchimp
- Knowledge of venture capital/startup ecosystem, finance or tech a plus, but not required
- An ability to work under tight deadlines and willingness to perform routine tasks on nights/weekends
- Solid project management skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic, and fast-changing environment
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees also a plus
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!