Associate Graphic Designer
Group Nine Media is currently seeking an Associate Graphic Designer to join our internal creative agency, Alchemy, and support the creation of industry-leading media campaigns and branded content. As an Associate Graphic Designer on Alchemy, you’ll have the opportunity to design custom, unique, and impactful advertising campaigns & event materials for leading brands across genres.
- Work as a part of a team of designers to develop custom & unique creative executions for brands
- Build web banners and digital campaign collateral for a growing collection of premium Spirits brands
- Support the Events team by creating event branding, digital and print materials for Thrillist events
- Manage, prioritize, and execute multiple projects at once under tight deadlines
- Participate in creative briefings and reviews--be able to justify the reasons & concepts behind your designs
- Develop a deep understanding of the Group Nine Media brand portfolio & know how to convey its voice, tone and personality visually across mediums
- A degree in design (or relevant field) and 1+ yrs relevant work experience
- Proficiency in all industry-standard design applications (Adobe CC: PS, AI, ID) on a Mac platform
- An extraordinary attention to detail & the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong communication and organizational skills – must be a team player/willing to collaborate with others!
- Must have strong design, layout and typography skills, digital media, branding
- Experience with any or all of the following illustration, Splash events platform, Celtra or similar rich media builders, Ceros, After Effects a plus!
- Accepts constructive criticism, and uses it to better oneself as a designer & to better the company as a whole
*An online portfolio is required to apply.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.