Hello, we're Jackpocket
Jackpocket is the app that’s creating a more convenient, fun, and responsible way to play the lottery with a mobile platform that everyone, including grandma, can feel good about. Jackpocket operates out of New York in an office of about 40 people and one Maybelle, our very photogenic office pup.
Why Work with Us?
Our dedicated team of superhumans (and one adorable office pup) are making waves in a huge industry. We believe transparency, teamwork, and a healthy dose of daily fun are key to creating worktopia. Our people are supportive, forward-thinking, and truly enjoy spending time together.
An Insider's view of Jackpocket
How does your team reward individual success?
We have Friday Wins to celebrate what people have accomplished over the last week: new designs, new features in the app, new ads, marketing successes, etc. Throughout the day, people will give you shoutouts for good work on our Slack channels. Our CEO does a really good job of recognizing ideas and giving feedback.
How do you collaborate with other teams in the company?
Anything that will help Jackpocket users is part of my realm! Day to day that could mean working with developers to "check under the hood" and investigate potential issues, with the marketing team to ensure we're using consistent brand voice with our customers, or with product strategy so use customer feedback to enhance the app.
What are some things you learned at the company?
I joined Jackpocket in the early days, when there were only 6 of us, and knew absolutely nothing about the lottery industry. It’s exciting because there is no roadmap for the problem we’re trying to solve. We get to build everything from scratch. It’s a unique opportunity and a challenge—nothing fazes us!
How do your team's ideas influence the company's direction?
If we have ideas, we can run with them. And then before you know it, it’s a key feature to our business. People aren’t telling you no. I’ve been with Jackpocket since the beginning and a couple of big company milestones came about from a question like “Hey, could we get this to work…?” that someone took ownership of and ran with.
What’s the vibe like in the office?
It’s a friendly, comfortable atmosphere, and we interact with each other in a low-pressure way. We love to go to lunch and happy hours together. Maybelle (our office dog) is usually running around. The people are a family.
Where we are
Our new headquarters is located right at Bryant Park with great eats, happy hour spots, and transportation options galore.
Perks + Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Remote Work Program
Vacation & Time Off
Paid Sick Days
- Every day is a new challenge. When I arrive in the morning, I can’t wait to work with these smart, driven people. When people are truly passionate about your company and your product, it validates everything you’re working on.NickDeveloper
- I get a ton of flexibility and creative freedom in the work I get to do. These are the kinds of projects I was hoping for from the beginning! And, I feel like my ideas are well-received as well. People genuinely listen.KarolinaMotion Designer
- People here are very closely tied together. Most of us who are at the company now have been here for 4-5 years. That’s not what you see at other startups. Everyone loves what we're doing.GastonDeveloper
- We have very open communication. I'm not afraid to go up to anyone and say, "I have a question."MeishaCustomer Service
Technology we use
- Ruby on RailsFrameworks
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics