Hello, we're Common
Common is the nation’s leading community-driven property manager, improving city living across 6 cities and for over 600 members. Using our signature approach to perfecting the modern rental experience, Common designs and operates co-living and traditional apartments in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, + Washington, D.C....
Why Work with Us?
Our hands-on, end-to-end property management + technology offering allows us to deliver unparalleled services that address the needs of today’s renter while providing significantly above-market returns for our real estate partners. This makes us the preferred choice for city-dwelling adults looking for a stress-free + all-inclusive environment.
An Insider's view of Common
What is your vision for the company?
Common is making city living better by designing and operating community-driven homes. 75 million Americans live with roommates, and Common is addressing this housing need by creating homes designed for sharing through community, convenience, and affordability. With thousands of beds under development, Common is a leader in new ways of living.
Founder + CEO
Where we are
You can find our team taking meetings in Bryant Park, catching up over coffee at Blue Stone or commuting right out of Grand Central Station!
Perks + Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Generous Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Remote Work Program
Family Medical Leave
Vacation & Time Off
Paid Sick Days
Job Training & Conferences
- I was very intrigued by the idea that there’s an opportunity for innovation in the housing sector. As a designer, the most fascinating part of working at Common is the direct access to our end users.JennDirector of Architecture
- I am most motivated by the opportunity to be at the forefront of coliving, and rethinking how people live and interact, and am so grateful to be a part of this incredibly dynamic team.MelissaMember Experience Manager
- I was drawn by the Company’s mission to make city living better. We provide housing options that will change the way that people think about city living. I’m excited to be along for the ride helping to effectively scale our Sales team and process.EricSenior Director, Sales
- Seeing how my efforts and the work of my team has helped grow our product and our member experience. We’ve gone from 1 home in Brooklyn to over a dozen across the country, and that rapid expansion provides us with exciting challenges every day!JamieMarketing Manager
- I came to Common to help solve the problems I experienced when finding a place to live. The challenge of building a simple and consistent member experience from the complex and fragmented real estate industry has been difficult, but rewarding.MattLead Software Engineer
- I’ve had so many opportunities to grow and expand my skill set while collaborating with some incredibly hardworking and talented coworkers. We are a part of the same family where we learn, support, and celebrate each other’s achievements.CaesarReal Estate Director
- It is wonderful to be innovating as we create beautiful and thoughtful homes. At Common, we are making a meaningful and positive impact on the way people live, and that inspires me everyday.SophieVP of Design + Construction
- Common has had a big impact on my life in the short amount of time I been working for them. I have been able to learn a lot from my peers, not only on the Property Service Team but also peers in other departments.GustavoProperty Technician
Jobs at Common12 open jobs
Dev + Engineer
Technology we use
- Ruby on RailsFrameworks
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics
Articles we're in16 articles
Our funding history
$7.4M in FundingInvestors: Dave McClure, Lowercase Capital, Maveron, Slow Ventures
$16M in Funding
$40M in Funding